Monday, July 12, 2010

Gone with the Wind



"I'm riding you with a slack rein, my pet, but don't forget that I'm riding with curb and spurs just the same." --Rhett Butler



Do you ever come across a line in a book that just stops you dead in your tracks? Well, for some reason that very sentence above did that to me. I love reading. It's one of my favorite things to do and I unfortunately don't have a lot of time to read for fun while I'm at school. I do however try to read at least a few pages before I go to bed each night. For my birthday back in May, I asked for some classics, like Gone With the Wind, Alice in Wonderland, Anna Karenina, and some William Faulkner books (including a copy of one of my favorites, The Sound and the Fury). I've been reading Gone with the Wind for awhile now and it's one of those books that I just do not want to end! I've been savoring every page, every word, hoping that it doesn't have to end. I think it's safe to say this is my favorite book I have ever read. I'm very, very close to finishing and have actually made a point of not reading it for the past few nights so I won't be done with it too quickly, since I am a very fast reader. But alas, I will be done with it soon so if any of you have any recommendations for books to read (whether it's a "classic" or not), send them my way! I always love hearing about books other people have enjoyed!



So I leave you with a screen shot of Viven Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara. Just look at that dress!

(via)

1 comment:

  1. I love love reading. was just discussing it with a friend today how wonderful it makes me feel. Sexy even, at times.

    And Gone with the Wind? J'adore! :) FABULOUS FASHION.

    ReplyDelete