Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rock me mama like the wind and the rain

Last night I ended up going out to a couple parties with one of my close friends, Anna. I go out with her just about every weekend...she's the first friend I made on my own when I transferred here, and we're planning on living together next year. The one thing I was most worried about when I transferred schools was that I wouldn't make friends. I'm insanely shy and I was afraid that would totally hurt me, but luckily I've come out of my shell a little bit and have met some amazing people. Hopefully that will transfer over to this little blog :)

Now onto the outfit: I've been gravitating towards prints and flowy fabrics lately, which is strange because I usually love pieces with a lot of structure. I think having such a long, snowy winter has made me so excited to break out the bright colors and light fabrics that come along with warm weather. The pieces I've been buying lately all have had a 60's or 70's feel to them and whenever I wear them back home, my dad is always there to comment on my latest 'hippie' shirt. I totally take it as a compliment.


Yes, I'm in my bathroom. Attractive, right? Trust me, it was 2 AM and that was the best and cleanest option in my house.

Outfit details:

Printed blouse, blue tank, and braided belt: Abercrombie & Fitch. Jeans: Citizens of Humanity. Earrings and bracelet: this little Thai shop in Greenwich Village. Blue necklace: Lori McLean in NYC. Owl necklace: Urban Outfitters

The jewelry I'm wearing in this post are all really special to me. The bracelet and earrings were bought for me when I was in NYC last summer (the trip was a gift for my birthday) with my mom when we went in this really cool shop in Greenwich Village. The blue necklace is one my favorite pieces of jewelry that I own. My mom and I saw that one also in Greenwich Village in the Lori McLean boutique (probably the most adorable shop I have ever been in). For some reason, that necklace stuck with both my mom and me for months after the trip and I was ecstatic when I found it under our Christmas tree, months after I initially gushed over it. Whenever I wear it, it reminds me the few days I got to spend with my mom in my favorite city. The little gold owl necklace is one that I've worn basically everyday since I bought it about a month ago. I have a thing for owls and love animal jewelry, so you'll definitely be seeing more of that necklace (and hearing more about my obsession with owls) in this blog. I hope everyone is having a fun and relaxing weekend! It's time for me to get back to studying for my exams--ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment