Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The smell of you in every dream I dream



Outfit details: Floral button-down and blue tank: Abercrombie & Fitch; Jeans: 7 For All Mankind; Necklace: Brighton (gift). Not shown: shoes - Sperry.


I am absolutely LOVING the gorgeous weather we are experiencing here in Virginia. Although today wasn't the warmest it's been lately, the sky was still beautifully clear and sunny. Even with the occasional blast of annoying wind, I felt like skipping all the way to my classes. It's amazing how the weather can change your mood so quickly. Take yesterday, for example. It was cold and rainy and even when it wasn't raining, it was grey, overcast, and just plain ugly. And my mood totally matched that. So when I woke up today, totally expecting it to be raining, and found it bright and sunny, I just had to break out this new floral top I just got over spring break. I felt so spring-y and happy. :) Although after looking at these pictures I'm realizing how pale my skin is (which isn't anything new, let's be honest) but I need just a little bit of color on my cheeks to look healthier and so my freckles will really show.

I really wanted to wear a dress today but it was just a little too cold, but Thursday is supposed to be in the high 70's/low 80's so I'll definitely be breaking out a dress for the occasion. By the way, is anyone else super excited about Easter?? I'm going home Thursday evening for the weekend so I can spend the holiday with my parents and some of my siblings. My twin brother (yes, I have a twin) will also be home for the weekend from his school so I'm especially excited to see him. I think I love Easter so much because it always really feels like spring with all the pastel colors, bunnies, and birds decorating everything. And of course all the frilly dresses little girls (and not so little girls, like me) are wearing out and about. I have a new dress in my closet that I think will be absolutely perfect for Sunday. Speaking of Easter, the necklace I'm wearing in this post was a gift I found in my basket last year. It's hard to tell but it has a little canary on a swing inside the cage, which I find absolutely adorable. It's also engraved on the bottom with the words, "Listen to the song of your heart." I love details like that, and I'm a total sucker for jewelry with engravement. Well, it's been a long day, folks...so I'm off to watch an episode or two of Ghost Hunters (my guilty pleasure) and then go to sleep! Hope everyone's having a very happy week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment