Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back in Richmond...and hopefully back to regular blogging!

Wow, I've been a terrible blogger lately! I only was back home in NoVa for less than two weeks and now I'm back in Richmond to take a summer class. While I was home, I tried to spend as much time with my family as possible so that meant I wasn't worrying about outfit posts, and some days, I didn't even worry about getting dressed. It was so nice to be home, especially to celebrate my birthday (which was so much fun!). I got a lot of really cool gifts that will hopefully be sprouting up in upcoming outfit posts. I got some really cool jewelry made out of vintage pieces (some made by my own sister, and others that I found on Etsy). I also got a lot of cute clothes, a new pair of leather sandals, and this beautiful diamond bow necklace that my mom and I have been on the lookout for for YEARS. I also got some fun stuff for my apartment next year, like cute glasses with owls on them and bowls with birds, as well as the most adorable mug from Modcloth with dachshunds dancing around it. I also got a tv for my room next year (I've had some issues with one of my roommates this year about sharing the tv in the living room...she literally had never heard of the word 'compromise' haha) so I can watch all the trashy shows I want!


OUTFIT: Blouse: Modcloth. Jeans: Citizen of Humanity. Flats: Modcloth. Necklace: gift/handmade by my sister.


I wore this outfit on Saturday to go out to dinner with my family. It was my last meal out with them, and it was also my sister's last meal with us before she had a surgery that involved getting her jaw wired shut. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, a Japanese steakhouse that has the most delicious food. I love the blouse I'm wearing in these pictures...it's super flattering (at least it is when I'm standing up straight) and I love all the details, like the embroidery on the sleeves and the buttons that go down the front. The necklace was a birthday gift from my sister...my other sister had given me that pendant a few years ago. It's from Italy, where she and her husband lived for several years, and is a champagne colored Swarovski crystal. I love the irregular shape of it, but hadn't gotten around to finding a chain for it, so I decided to give it to my other sister to make into a beautiful necklace. I love that she combined the champagne color with garnets...so pretty! Well I better get to bed, I have to go to class tomorrow...UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment