Sunday, May 30, 2010

A little about me...

Since I don't have an outfit post for this weekend (story of my life!), I decided to do a little 'about me' post. These are just some random facts about me that you might not know just from reading my little blog:

1. I'm a social work majors and a criminal justice minor...I started college 2 years ago thinking I wanted to work with the elderly, but now I have NO idea what I'm going to end up doing. I'm leaning toward getting a master's degree in Criminal Justice or a related field and working in an agency involved with missing and exploited children, but I don't know yet.

2. I have always been insanely shy. Since the 1st grade when I was no longer in a classroom with my twin brother, I would freak out at the idea of being in a new, strange place without him or someone else in my family. I've gotten a ton better now that I'm finally becoming more comfortable with myself, thank God.

3. I'm the youngest of 6 children; I have 3 older brothers and 2 older sisters, ranging in age from 38 to 20. Three of them are married and their spouses are like siblings to me. I also have two adorable nephews, one who is 8 and the other who is 17 months, although I do not see them nearly as much as I would like since they live in Minnesota.

4. My oldest brother has autism. He is the most amazing person I know; he is hilarious, witty, and really intelligent. He knows everything there is to know about cars and rock n' roll music, and he can quote almost every movie he's seen word for word. Lately, it's been a lot of lines from My Cousin Vinny and Wayne's World. He has his somewhat annoying quirks too, like flushing the toilet excessively, but it's just a regular occurrence to my family and me.

5. Music is my true passion. I've been playing piano for 16 years and flute for 12. Whenever I need to de-stress, I go up to the music room at my parent's house and play whatever piano music is laying around. My favorite music to play is anything classical as well as Josh Groban pieces.

6. I absolutely love to read. Ever since I was about four years old, I've had my nose in a book. Right now I'm trying to read more 'classics' and got a few for my birthday. Right now I'm reading 'Gone with the Wind' and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. Some other favorites of mine are: "The Sound and the Fury" by William Faulkner, "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott, "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith, "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen, and anything and everything by Jodi Picoult.

7. Nicknames aren't that common in my family, with the exception of the pet names my mom calls us kids. Despite that, I have had two in my life: "Tweety" and "Leewa". Tweety was what my family called me when I was a baby because I was bald and had huge eyes. I still get comments about my 'big eyes' from complete strangers, especially when I'm not wearing any eye makeup. My eyes are definitely my favorite feature. Leewa came about because my twin brother couldn't say my name properly when we were little, so he resorted to calling me Leewa. All of my older siblings call me that to this day and I really do love it.

Those are a few random things about me, and if you have anything else you're curious about, just ask and I'll be sure to answer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment