Saturday, June 19, 2010

I know they say you can't go home again


So I'm back home for the weekend and it's just so nice just to run errands with my mom and watch movies late at night with my dad. I really don't understand when people my age hate to go home. I have so many friends at school who dread going home and I just don't get it! My family is probably one of the most close-knit ones you'll ever come across. My parents are celebrating their 39th wedding anniversary today (they were high school sweethearts and got married just a few weeks after graduating) and they will do anything and everything for my siblings and me. Every single night we sit down to a family dinner when my dad gets home from work, even if we're just eating take-out...even if I have already eaten with friends, I come home just to sit at the table and laugh and talk with my family. The entire family attended every single baseball, football, and softball game each kid played in and sat through every band and orchestra concert. My parents never missed any back-to-school night or award ceremony, except for one when I was in 6th grade due to my mom being in surgery. I do understand that not everyone has such a supportive family and every single day I'm thankful for having so many people around me who love me and would stand by me no matter what choices I make in my life.

OUTFIT: Vest: Abercrombie & Fitch, T-shirt: Target, Jeans: 7 for All Mankind, Elephant Necklace: Fred Flare, Pearl Earrings: gift.

I got this vest for my birthday and I love everything about it: the color, the embellishment, the cut, etc. I'm always on the lookout for a piece of clothing that will dress up a simple v-neck tee.

I love the tree that I'm standing in front of in these pictures. It sits directly behind our house and when I was little, my dad would put me on one branch and my twin brother on the other (it has since broken off the tree) and we'd pretend we were riding horses while my dad cooked dinner on the grill. I think if my parents ever sold this house I would have an emotional breakdown...I just have way too many fond memories of this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment