Saturday, June 12, 2010

This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going

This week has been CRAZY! Between assignments for my class and house/apartment hunting, I'm totally burned out. I had a little bit of an emotional breakdown earlier this week as I found out that my financial situation is A LOT different than I thought (and not in a good way) so I have to go talk to the financial aid department and find a job fast before I'm totally broke.

But in happier news, my (future) roommate and I just handed in our applications and deposit for an apartment for the next year (starting in August)! It's within walking distance to campus, plus the building is eco friendly! They recycled old buildings in the city, rather than tearing them down, and basically all the things in the apartment are supposed to have minimal impact on the environment which is pretty cool if you ask me. Even the parking lot is eco friendly! Honestly, I'm just relieved we found a decent, affordable place...I was starting to stress out!

OUTFIT: Dress with belt: Modcloth, Necklace: Peapod Treasures Etsy shop, Pearl earrings: Christmas gift, Bracelet: from a Tibetan shop in Greenwich Village

This is the outfit I wore yesterday to go apartment hunting in. It was really hot so it was the perfect day to just throw on a dress. I got both the dress and the necklace for my birthday...I think they're so cute! And I'm just gonna go ahead and point out that scar right above my lip...it's so annoying! My brother and sister *lovingly* call it my herpes outbreak whenever they see me. I don't even bother covering it with makeup anymore, and no one outside of my family has pointed it out to me, so I guess I'm good for now!

1 comment: