Monday, June 7, 2010

The smell of wine and cheap perfume

While reorganizing my desk last night, I found all these bottles of perfume that I totally forgot I had. It was pretty exciting so I thought I would do a perfume post. I really do think perfume is just as important as clothes and accessories, especially since I'm pretty sure I judge people way more if they smell bad than if they aren't dressed nicely. I went through a phase in high school where I bought all different scents and would change it up every day, but lately, I've been stuck in a rut of wearing the same perfume all the time. I think I'm long overdue to get some new scents, so feel free to tell me your favorite scents (for both everyday and for going out at night), I'm totally open for suggestions!




In order from left to right:


The scent that I wear every single day is Hollister's Malaia. It's a really fresh, light scent and it's perfect to wear during the day. It's a light and crisp floral scent with a little bit of a woody hint to it. I probably wear it every single day I'm away at school and I love it. I think the reason I tend to always wear it is because (at least when I bought it) it came in this cute, round case so it's really easy to just throw in my duffel bag when I'm going home so I don't have to worry about it leaking.


Another perfume I wear pretty regularly even though it's not pictured (usually when I go out at night) is the original Juicy Couture scent. I got it as a gift and instantly loved the packaging. I love the Juicy Couture Body Sorbet (the same scent which is pictured) which use it daily. The scent is definitely stronger than the Hollister perfume I wear everyday as it's made up of fruitier top notes, as well as a stronger floral scent and a hint of vanilla. It's a nice scent though, but a little strong for me to wear every single day.


The next scent I wear is the classic Abercrombie and Fitch scent. Although I know a lot of people think that the smell of this particular store is really overpowering, this perfume doesn't smell anything like that at all. I wore this all the time in high school and for some reason it reminds me of the first day of school whenever I smell it. It has a bit of a sharper smell than the other two perfumes but it still has really nice floral and citruc scents.

The next scent is Burberry Brit. I love anything and everything Burberry. I got this as a Christmas gift 2 years ago and I'm pretty sure the only reason my mom got it for me was because of the bottle. but it smells really good! It's a really different scent...I've never smelled any perfume like it. It has sweet and fruity notes, but it also has deep amber and vanilla undertones which make it pretty unique. This is one perfume that I can wear both during the day and at night. The body lotion in this scent is also really nice.

The next scent is one that is discontinued but I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to buy it on Ebay or any other trustworthy site. It's called August by Hollister (I know, another Hollister perfume, which is weird since I don't even shop there). It's a unisex scent but honestly, I find it geared more towards women. It's a realy beachy scent with a hint of smokiness that's really different. I still have a little bit of this perfume left and use it sparingly since it's so hard to find.

The last perfume I find myself reaching for when I go out at night is Gucci Eau de Parfum (the original one which you can buy online has now been replaced by Eau de Parfum II which you can find at department stores). This scent was the first one that I bought that smelled 'grown up' to me. It's really fun but instantly makes me feel dressed up when I put it on. It's a little bit citrusy and also has a vanilla hint to it. This reminds me of my sophomore year of high school, the year that I first fell in love; it specifically reminds me of the dates we would go on, as I would spray this on right before he would come to pick me up in his red convertible.

1 comment:

  1. great blog!

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

    fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete