Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Just a few midnight musings...

If I've learned one thing about myself since coming to college, it is that I am reverting back to some of the very habits I had when I was 4 years old.

When I was little, I absolutely hated going to bed early....so much so that I would throw little tantrums on a pretty regular basis when it came time to go to sleep, mainly because it would put off going to bed. And on the nights I didn't throw a tantrum, I would sneak downstairs and hide under the dining room table while my dad sat in his recliner watching NYPD Blue. This was quite a feat as we had a baby gate (used to keep our dogs downstairs) that I had to either jump over or open quietly, which was quite difficult for a tiny 4 year old girl. But I somehow did it, all because I wanted to included in whatever was going on in our house.

Now that I'm in college, instead of sneaking downstairs to watch NYPD Blue with my dad (unbeknownst to him), I stay up solely because I don't want to go to bed immediately after finishing an assignment or studying. Take tonight for example: I finished two assignments for my summer class (a total of 18 pages...craziness!) about thirty minutes ago, and despite being tired, I feel like I need to relax before I go to bed. So I'm sitting here watching The Bachelorette on Hulu while eating some delicious white grapes. Now let it be known that I've NEVER watched any of those reality dating shows before...except for the super trashy ones on VH1. I feel like I've hit an all-time low because I'm basically watching this show solely because I do not want to sleep. Plus, all these guys seem like complete freaks so far! Especially the one who said, "I need a girl to go ice fishing with!", or how about the professional wrestler??...I'm speechless. You could not pay me enough to go on one of those shows.

P.S.: It may seem that I was a complete brat when I was 4 (i.e. throwing tantrums each night just because I didn't feel like sleeping) but I just like to think I was sassy, which is totally acceptable when you're the youngest of 6 kids. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment