Friday, April 23, 2010

I hear you call my name and it feels like home

Sorry for the week-long haitus! The semester is winding down (only 19 days til I'm completely done for the spring) so that means all the professors are piling on the last-minute papers, tests, and group projects. Last weekend I had 3 papers to write, plus group projects to work on. Thankfully, I finished them early on and was able to actually go out with friends on Saturday night. I got to hang out with a friend who was visiting from Tennessee which was sooo much fun...he's adorable and it was nice to be able to spend time with someone new for a change. I'm back in NoVa this weekend, mainly because my mom's worried about me since I fainted earlier in the week (I think it was mainly due to stress and not eating right/enough). I'm fine now though, just trying to relax before finals start in a week.



OUTFIT DETAILS: Striped Sweater and Jeans: Abercrombie & Fitch. Beaded flip flops: American Eagle (from years ago). Necklace: Urban Outfitters. Buckle bracelet: Modcloth

I didn't do anything too exciting today while wearing this outfit...I just went grocery shopping with my mom and then went out to dinner with my parents and older brother. It was a little on the cooler side today so it was the perfect day for a thin sweater and jeans. I usually try to steer away from horizontal stripes, but I loved the thickness of the material of this sweater and the bright, cheerful color. These jeans are my go-to jeans...they need to be washed so they're a little slouchy in these photos, but usually they're pretty fitted but comfortable and perfect to wear around campus and to parties when I don't want to get my nice, expensive jeans messed up.

Lastly, last week I won a scarf in a giveway from Jen Loves Kev. I can't wait to get it in the mail and figure out fun ways to style it!! It's especially exciting since I haven't won anything in AGES. I think the last thing I won in a contest was back in high school at our honor roll night when I won $100. Needless to say, that email from Jen made my day! Not only because I won the scarf, but also because I absolutely adore her blog...her's was one of the first blogs I stumbled upon and made sure to bookmark. Now, I read it every single day and love reading about her adorable life...I hope one day I'll be as lucky as her in love and in life in general. :) Oh and in case you were wondering, yes my title is from a Madonna song...I've been playing it nonstop since I watched Glee this week. Anyone else a Gleek?? Because I totally am and I'm not ashamed to admit it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment