Friday, April 2, 2010

In the daylight anywhere feels like home

I absolutely adore being home. I got here at like 1 AM since my dad couldn't drive down to pick me up til after he got off work...and then we decided we were craving pancakes so we stopped at Denny's. It was delicious, especially since I haven't had legit breakfast foods in a looong time.

I was awakened this morning by my mom asking if I wanted to go out to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, of course I got up immediately to get ready. My sister met us there and we spent the entire time gossiping and eating yummy sandwiches. The weather was beautiful so we were able to sit out on the patio where we could people watch, which was always fun.
I love this outfit. I got this dress my junior year of high school to wear to my sister's grad school graduation and I've incorporated it into my wardrobe every season since. I especially love pairing it with tights and cardigans in the winter. It's really a tent dress, but I love that when I belt it, I get these adorable pleats down the skirt. I am a total sucker for pleats. The necklace is actually a birthday gift from one of my sisters--she makes jewelry in her free time and they are all absolutely beautiful. I'm trying to convince her to open an Etsy shop so more people can enjoy her pieces as much as I do.



Outfit details: Dress: Kimchi Blue from Urban Outfitters, Belt: Urban Outfitters, Sandals: Ruche, Necklace: made by my sister, Earrings: Gift from my other sister from Athena Jewelers in Athens, Georgia. I'm also wearing my favorite ring, a pearl one from Sundance Catalog, but I was unable to get a really good shot of it.

Hope everyone's having a good Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment