Thursday, April 15, 2010

I've walked for miles, my feet are hurtin

Hello all! Sorry for the kinda long absence...totally didn't expect to be M.I.A. for so long. Whoops! The semester is coming to an end in the next few weeks so all of my professors are piling on the papers and presentation. So annoying! I have 3 papers and 3 presentations within the next two weeks...most of which are due on the same 2 days. Greaaaat. I've also been stressing out about house/apartment hunting for next semester...everything is super expensive and I'm a broke college student. Those two things don't really go together too well...plus the girl I'm living with is insisting we live in a house which totally limits our options. I'm gonna have to tell her that we need to totally keep our options open at this point--we'll see how that goes. Today actually went really well though...my classes seemed to go by pretty quickly and I got to meet up with a friend who I haven't really seen much of since last semester. It was so nice to sit outside in this beautiful weather, sipping chai tea, and gossiping.


Outfit Details: Oxford shirt, gray tank, and trousers: Abercrombie & Fitch Boat shoes: Sperry.





In case you haven't noticed, I usually dress extremely preppy. And today's outfit is a total example of that. Part of my reason for starting this blog was to sort of shift away from that whole prepster look, but alas, I have way too many A&F clothes in my closet to do too much of that. I know so many people don't like that store, but a lot of my go-to items I own have come from there. Like the shirt I'm wearing today...it's flattering, comfortable, and I can dress it up or down. I've worn it with jeans, trousers, blazers, leather skirts, etc. They also sell a ton of really good layering tanks and have recently done a good job of changing up the style of their clothes that they sell (i.e. offering more pretty, flowy blouses rather than just an assortment of polos). My everyday, worn in jeans are also from A&F, mainly because they're the only store that aren't super long on me (I'm just barely too tall for short lengths and a little too short for regular lengths, hence the awkward cuffing of these pants) and I'm always able to find at least one pair in their store that fits my body correctly that aren't insanely expensive like at department stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment