Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just for the weekend let's jump off the deep end

Thank God this week is finally over! I had my last exam of the week today and I think it went pretty well! It's also beautifully warm outside today and is supposed to get even warmer with each day, which means the only articles of clothing that I've packed in my bag for this weekend are dresses and sandals. I can't wait! Last night, right after I put up my post for the day, my friend invited me to go to a bar with her to hear her brother sing/play guitar. It was a totally different crowd than I'm used to hanging out with and I know that my friend and I stood out like sore thumbs but it was actually a lot of fun! And his music was pretty good too! Everyone seemed to be really into it and it was really cool to see how supportive everyone was to all the acts that played. Actually, what a lot of my friends here at college don't know about me, is that in high school (and for years prior), I was really into my music. I play flute and piano (piano since I was 4, flute since I was 8), but I really only perform on flute. I was drum major of my high school marching band for two years (there's a little bit of my nerdy side for ya), and made top chairs both at All-District and All-Region competitions all through high school, as well as qualified to audition for All-State. I got to play with a ton of really great musicians and my entire high school life was based around auditions for various competitions and groups. I really think I was born to be on stage...even though I tend to be insanely shy, once I get on stage and start performing, all that shyness melts away. I really miss it and hope to join one of my university's music ensembles next semester.


Outfit details: Dress: Nordstrom, Sandals: American Eagle from forever ago, Necklace: Urban Outfitters, Headband: Urban Outfitters.

This is one of my go-to outfits for the spring/summer. I have this dress in pink also and it's soooo comfortable! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great end to their week!

No comments:

Post a Comment